Friday, November 27, 2009

Friday night fireworks

Every Friday, the Hilton Hawaiian Village (a hotel complex in Waikiki) puts on a short (approximately 5-minute) fireworks show. Thanks to our beautiful view of the Waikiki skyline, we can (mostly) see the show from our big windows. The Waikiki skyline is pretty at night anyway, and when the fireworks start booming, we stop whatever we're doing, turn all the lights off in the house, and enjoy the show.

A panoramic including some fireworks. Sorry one of the panoramic panels was particularly blurry. I'll have to try another panoramic some other time.

(You have to click on it to see the larger version)



On another note, after my cooking success yesterday, I was inspired to try making Thai green papaya salad, which involves shredding a lot of papaya in a grater. Now I'm sporting a band-aid on my finger, and someone may find some skin in their salad that's not so green. Ah well--as my biologist Housemate says, it's all C, H, O, N, P, and S, anyway.

No comments: