Saturday, May 29, 2010

My first blog award!

So it's taken me a while to post about it, but last month I got my first blog award, the Sunshine blog award from Kara at Crayons and Cylons! I only discovered her blog relatively recently, but it was clear from the start that we share a lot of similar geeky interests--Firefly, Battlestar Galactica, and the like.

As part of the award, I'm supposed to pass it on to twelve other bloggers--kind of chain letter-like. My attempt to come up with twelve bloggers to give it to has made it clear to me that I need to follow more blogs, because twelve is, well, most of my blogger friends. I have come to the conclusion that if I were to choose twelve winners, that would leave out just a few of my other lovely blogger buddies, which would be sad. So I'm cutting the number of awardees to six. It's my blog. I can do that. So here I am, passing the Sunshine Award on to some lovely bloggers who add sunshine to my day.


The Rules:
1. Put the logo on your blog within your post.
2. Pass the award on to twelve bloggers.
3. Link to the nominees within your post.
4. Let them know they received this award by commenting on their blog.
5. Share the love and the link to the person from whom you received this award.
***I will say, though, that my recipients should feel no obligation to pass this on to twelve--or any number--of other bloggers. I have no expectations :)

And the winners are:

Andhari of Insomniac Lolita - An Indonesian rapper and law student, she blogs about her exciting life and other fun things.

Floreta of Solitary Panda - A poet who on her road to find herself has recently been staying at a Buddhist monastery.

Pink Jellybaby - A beautiful Brit with a cat named Liz Lemon, she's a sweetie who sometimes gives us a little sauce on Fridays.

Sam of Things, Just Things - A cool, happy girl who recently went on a road trip to New Orleans.

Seb - A great geek who takes lovely pictures and writes thought-provoking pieces that I love to argue with, but only because I respect him.

Soft Nonsense - A funny, geeky guy who caught my eye by eating half of a pretzel so that the remainder looked like a bat'leth.


Thanks, Kara, for spreading a little sunshine. I should note that (Spoiler alert!) I have another round of winners for a second blog award coming up later today...

4 comments:

Sebastian Anthony said...

*graciously steps up to podium, grabs the trophy and scarpers before someone nobbles him into speaking*

(You argue quite well! You could improve, but... not bad, not bad.)

Eleni said...

'Nobbles'? *Googles 'nobble'...* Yay, I've learned a new British word today.

(Thanks. You could, too, of course :P )

Sebastian Anthony said...

(We both know that I'm superior -- but it's OK, the distance prevents any real dissonance from forming.)

Nobble's a great word! The definition should have some element of coercion in it, tho'.

Eleni said...

(I reject your premise, but I believe your conclusion could be reached through an alternative premise.)