Sunday, April 1, 2012

Game of Thrones, Season Two: A Clash of Kings

It's already aired in some of the world, but I am so excited to see the new season of HBO's Game of Thrones, which premieres tonight. One of my friends who watches the show just got HBO, so we'll be gathering at her house every Sunday for the next few months. I had grand plans to make lemon cakes for the premiere, but only got as far as buying lemons; Sunday laziness kicked in, and it didn't happen. Maybe some other week.

I've heard excellent things from the critics who I gather have been treated to the first four episodes of the season, so I have high hopes. I'm particularly looking forward to Arya and Dany's storylines in this season. And Tyrion's of course. The only trouble is that of the four of us who will be watching together, I'm the only one who's read the book Clash of Kings (I'm still in the middle of Storm of Swords). I'm pretty bad at keeping a straight face, so I don't know what I'm going to do when they turn to me and ask questions, or share their theories... One friend suggested "Put a paper bag over your head", but that's not very sustainable. Well, I'll just have to learn to deal with it.

If you're not watching Game of Thrones, I highly recommend you catch up quickly and jump on Season 2. It's going to be an exciting ride.

3 comments:

Tina Golightly said...

I've never watched Game of Thrones, but all of my friends are raving about it! My boyfriend just finished watching the premiere as well. Maybe I should give it a try?

Eleni said...

It's so good! The plot can be complicated, but so addicting, and it has some of the best characters on TV right now.

Tara said...

Ugh, my husband hasn't read the books either and it drives me NUTS. I want to talk about everything that happens with him and I can't. Plus of course I know the gist of what will happen this season and...sigh.

I enjoyed episode 1 but I think episode 2 is actually a bit better (it seems a bit closer to stuff that happened in the book, maybe? though I'm not sure I'm pleased with the girl playing Asha/Yara). Though I'm sad there was no Sandor or Sansa or Jaime because they're my favoritessssss