Friday, December 4, 2009

Cars and Transformers

This is another random story, but I thought it would be a funny if embarrassing look into my little mind. This morning the Housemate and I were walking to school together, and he said "Oh, so I meant to tell you about that machine."

Totally out of the blue, no context, except apparently from a previous conversation from who knows when. Naturally, my mind started darting around, trying to think of what machine he was talking about. Basically, brainstorming types of machines. So, when Eleni is trying to think of types of machines, what are the first things that come to her mind?

Apparently, cars and Transformers.

It is such a strange thing. We were walking along the street, so there were cars going by. So when he mentioned machines, they were the first machines I thought of. But the next thing that came to my mind was Transformers. My mind actually kind of oscillated back and forth between cars and Transformers for a good six seconds or so, unable to break away or think of anything else that he might be talking about, until he finally broke the silence and clarified which machine he meant (which was much less exciting than Transformers).

So there you have it. To me, machines = either cars or Transformers.

4 comments:

Sebastian Anthony said...

Was it a centrifuge?

Eleni said...

Why, is that the first machine that comes to your mind?

It was something that measures light attenuation (or absorption?) in situ by shooting a small laser beam or something. I can't remember what it was exactly. I was still thinking about Transformers and kind of tuned it out.

Unknown said...

I always think of the machine behind the Wizard of Oz... Or one of those giant old computers that filled a whole room.

Eleni said...

Haha, the Wizard of Oz. That's a good one.