Tuesday, December 1, 2009

North Shore continued

Yesterday I posted photos of the big waves at Sunsets, Pipeline, and Waimea, but on the same trip I also took photos of the picturesque Turtle Bay. If you've ever seen Forgetting Sarah Marshall, that's where they filmed most of the movie.

So, without further ado, more pretty photos!

This shoreline can kill you seven ways... with just its pinky.


Looks like some place that may have been in the movie


Another shot taken from the same bit of coastline


Waves crashing behind tide pools at Turtle Bay


Another shot of the tide pools, with a bit more sun. You can see the haze from the wave spray, which was refreshing but got my sunglasses all salty.


Tide pools and an outcropping, with wild white water beyond


Quite a picturesque place for a resort. I'd never been there before, so it was fun to see.

11 comments:

Unknown said...

Beautiful!

Andhari said...

Those are sooo beautiful, From Forgetting Sarah Marshall?:) I wish I could go there someday.

Eleni said...

Thanks :)

It is lovely here, Andhari, but I understand from the Housemate that there are gorgeous beaches (with "perfect" waves) in Indonesia as well. I hope to go there some day.

Jill said...

Beautiful pictures! I want to go :D

p.s.-Thanks for commenting on my blog, I really appreciate it! Yes, i think Michael Jackson is always "danceable" also. I choreographed and performed to many of his songs. For Thriller, I think i will have to throw in some of the moves from the video, but I'll be putting my own twist also (especially since it's tap dance!)

Eleni said...

Thanks, Jill :)

Oh, it's a tap piece? A Thriller tap dance sounds like a great idea. Cool!

Sebastian Anthony said...

Ah... Kristen Bell...

AND the brunette!

Never forgave them for the cop-out sex scene though, considering it was rated 18.

There needs to be more adult comedy in the world.

(Nice photos again, though it sounds a little banal to say so again, so soon...)

Eleni said...

Cop-out? I don't remember the details that well, but I remember thinking they did a fair job of pushing the limits of the R rating it earned here. Movies are generally not deemed profitable if they're anything past an R.

Hey, I'll take what praise I can get. Thanks :) Though they're not like yours would be, were you to come to Hawaii with your own camera...

Eleni said...

And for the record "the brunette" is Mila Kunis. She may not have whatever credentials Kristen Bell has, but she is a WoW player, so give the geek some credit ;)

Sebastian Anthony said...

Ah, that's the one... yeah, most of my friends prefer her to Kristen.

But Kristen looks just like The American, so...

(first season Veronica Mars...)

sb0502 said...

I'm in love with the third picture! It's breathtaking.

Eleni said...

Really? Thanks! :)