Friday, March 23, 2012

Happy Hunger Games!

The Hunger Games movie came out today, and I know it had great success with midnight showings, with the largest midnight debut for a non-sequel. The reviews have been overall extremely positive (currently 87% on Rotten Tomatoes). I'm so excited to see it, though I'm not sure which day I'll be going. I prefer to avoid large crowds on opening days.

If you haven't read the books, I highly recommend them--they're very quick reads that may make you reevaluate yourself in interesting and surprising ways. And if you don't want to read them, it seems the movie is indeed worth seeing. I hope it does really well at the box office so that the sequels will be made.

Happy Hunger Games! May the odds be ever in your favor!
(I had to do it.)

2 comments:

Mary said...

I keep on hearing about the Hunger Games. I have to watch it sometime ... =) It seems like a HUGE thing in the U.S. right now. hehe

Eleni said...

Yeah, it's great! The book is better, but the movie does a very good job realizing the story, the setting, and the characters.