Thursday, September 3, 2009

Do You Wanna Date My Avatar?

I almost always have some song or other stuck in my head, but what's today's song? "Do You Wanna Date My Avatar?"--The Guild music video, lyrics by Felicia Day, music by Jed Whedon. Felicia Day really is my hero. This video is hilarious.



Hang with me in my MMO
So many places we can go
You'll never see my actual face
Our love, our love will be in virtual space
I'm craving to emote with you
So many animations I can do
Be anything you want me to be
Come on, come on share a potion with me

(etc.)

There's something inherently comical about music videos in the first place, so the medium lends itself well to comedic bits like this. And with clever lyrics, a catchy tune, all the goofy cast members, and Felicia's sweet voice, it hits the spot perfectly. I adore The Guild, and this music video is just icing on the cake.

Hotter than reality by far.

So true, unfortunately.

No comments: