Thursday, March 25, 2010

Dead gecko

You know how some people have the head of dead moose or deer hanging on their wall? Well, we have a dead gecko.

No, it's not taxidermied and no one put it there on purpose, but the gecko died while on the underside of the roof over our porch and has remained stuck there for a long time. I don't know how long; it was already there when I moved in last July.

Here's a shot taken from our doorstep.


And a closer view of the little guy.


It's hard to tell from the photos, but its mouth hangs open. It frightened one of my housemates the first time she noticed it--with her limited English, she dubbed it a "monster." We thought about knocking it down, but it's not worth the trouble, and I'm kind of curious how long it will stay up there. Maybe some day the little monster will fall down itself...onto a poor unsuspecting person coming up the stairs below.

2 comments:

Sam said...

Picturing it falling on a "poor unsuspecting person" made me laugh so hard!

Eleni said...

Yeah, it's funny until I remember that it'll probably be me :)