Wednesday, July 15, 2009

Off to Hawai'i!

I'm leaving on a jet plane
I don't know when I'll be back again

Yes, I am currently in-transit on my way to Hawaii, where I expect to be living for the next six years or so as I pursue a Ph.D. in physical oceanography at the University of Hawaii at Manoa.

When I arrive in Honolulu, I will not have an apartment or a car, and I'm not sure when I will start working, so I don't really know how much internet access I will have. Plus my family will be out there visiting so I may be busy doing some vacationy stuff as well. Basically, I'll be pretty busy, so I don't know how much I will be updating my blog in the next couple weeks. But I will do my best to update it with pictures and my adventures as I make Honolulu my home.

I'm pretty intimidated by all the things that I'll have to do once I arrive, but I'm definitely looking forward to the beach, the shave ice, the great Asian food, and the aloha spirit. I can't wait until I'm all settled down out there. And hopefully I'll have a nice place where I can host friends for Hawaii visits. Airfare can be had for pretty cheap these days!

Photos from my previous Hawaii trips to get you primed for things to come:





Find the turtle!



See you on the other side (of the country). Aloha!

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Yay! Bon voyage and good luck!!